Pediatrics for Paramedics is a highly informative and interactive program that explores the fundamental differences between pediatric and adult medicine.
The Introductory Course consists of a manual, video clips, and exam. This manual is written for paramedics and uses case studies to explore important concepts directly relating to pre-hospital care. The British Columbia EMA Licensing Board has assigned 10 CE credits for completion.
Some of the topics include:
– Individual and age related airway management concerns for children
– Management of the 5 most fatal childhood medical issues
– The very latest information on the appropriate management of pediatric cardiac arrest
– The very latest information on the appropriate management of the pediatric C-spine
– The very latest information on pediatric cardiovascular issues
– Predicting pediatric vital signs by age.
The second course is the Classroom Session. The classroom session uses simulations and skill stations to establish the psychomotor skills required to effectively manage pediatric patients. The British Columbia EMA Licensing Board has assigned 8 CE credits for completion.
The classroom session workshops these topics and provides guidance and further information to ensure that you are comfortable managing any pediatric emergency.
Please visit our store to purchase manual-only, Introductory Course, and upcoming Classroom Session courses. Please contact us if you are interested in bulk purchases or to schedule classroom sessions for your organization.